Rachel the Warrior
Rachel is the brawler. She’s the best with weapons and is good with most of their hunter arsenal, while the others tend to pick favorites. Loyal to the group, even if she’s not getting along with the individuals.
Was present for the town mass-possession, in which her mother and sisters died. After that, she and Jake were raised by aunt Ellen and uncle George. She got a sizable inheritance. Because of her age, it was barely accessible until 18. At at 16, she makes a crossroads deal with David for her family’s lives, which would expire when the Hunters found Tom instead of in ten years because she didn’t want to abandon them before then. At 18, however, Tom shows up and she’s dragged to hell. After two months, Tobias is able to rescue her. As punishment, the angels wiped her family’s memory of her. After threats by David, she upgrades the trailer to very expensive RV known alternately as the “bandwagon,” “tour bus,” and “mystery machine.”
- Coping mechanism - She’s an angry drunk, and while she doesn’t drink past her limit, she does have a problem and can turn to it at inappropriate times. She would never, ever drink past her ability to monster-fight.
- Morality - She is genuinely amoral, and can have difficulty empathizing even for the team members she actually cares about. She was either less so, or more capable of hiding it, before the stint in hell.
- Personality - She’s a generally obstinate personality and has trouble relaxing. she used to be nice and sweet in the negative years. That slowly eroded until she died, and it disappeared entirely.
- Quirks - She is still a fashion maven who likes to look nice and shop a lot.
- Sex/Love - She’d like to be in a normal relationship, but the love of her life has no interest in screwing her, and she has immense interest in doing that. So, she “adapts.” Rachel also tends to confuse love and sex and develops attractions to friends and other people she cares about.
RELATIONSHIPS WITH OTHER CHARACTERS
- Cassie - They were best friends in childhood, but Rachel’s changing morals and her personality change after hell have lead to severe fraying of the relationship. They don’t really even argue about it anymore.
- David - Rachel sold her soul to him and has hate-fucked him, but largely spends a lot of effort putting up wards against him and resisting him
- Jake - Rachel’s cousin. Almost like a sibling, especially since the loss of their families. She knows he uses her for her cold heart and brutality, and she’s willing to be that necessary evil.
- Marco - About anger and teeth and getting off and not really much else. They may or may not care for each other, but not nearly as much as they hate each other and share a living space (and a bed) simply because they share friends and a life purpose.
- Melissa - A wood nymph that Rachel “totally banged,” she’s the one sexual partner Rachel actually feels safe with.
- Tobias - Rescued her from hell. Since then, they’ve become infatuated, but their relationship is frustratingly (for her) non-sexual. She believes Tobias isn’t genuinely in love with her, and their interaction often involves bickering.
- Toby - Rachel admires her and wants her but isn’t noticed by her.
- Tom - Rachel’s other cousin, and the primary reason for getting involved in hunting. (Well, that and not being able to stand that there were monsters in the world, hurting people.) Finding him was the time limit of her crossroads deal. He sickens her, and she’d rather see him dead than possessed.
- Zak - Disgusts and exasperates her. Both human and demon.
Rachel had a rocky relationship with her career woman mother, but was very close to her younger siblings, Jordan and Sarah. After they died, she idealized the relationship, and she eventually made a deal to bring them back. After she did, the relationship actually became more stressed, due to her absence and strange excuses. On top of that, she was punished for her decision by having their memory of her erased.
Rachel is a potential vessel who Eva had once had plans for. Vessels tend to be a lineage thing.
She has noticed, and is hurt by, the change in personality with Jordan.
Because she doesn’t forgive easily and she was so focused on her real family, she never was as close to George & Ellen’s family as Jake was.
- Most likely to disagree with Tobias about: religious issues, angel-demon politics, Tom issues, sex issues
- It’s her inheritance that’s been used toward the RV and most of their weaponry.
- Jake got her inheritance when she died, and she’s been unable to convince the banks and government that she’s not still dead. So, she guilts him into letting her have access to her share.
- In addition, Naomi (Rachel’s mother) has failed to notice that her life insurance cashed out because angels and demons don’t bother resetting finances.