Cassie the Exorcist
Cassie is the exorcism expert, usually the one to perform a spell, and researches the foreign texts.
Cassie was around for the mass possession of the town. Her parents did not die in the events, but it’s unclear how she’s explained her choices since then. At first, she didn’t want to be involved in something so dangerous and violent, but she wanted to protect her best friend, her boyfriend, and Marco, so she took up the studious position. She and Marco were the lead researchers, but she specialized in linguistics where he specialized in tactics. Because of her vet background, she’s also some help in biology, and emergency medical care, but her knowledge has faded with time.
- Coping mechanism - Cassie copes with the badness of the world by trying to provide more goodness to it. She knows this is grating to some people, but she refuses to lose hope.
- Morality - She’s an extremely moral character, and constantly irritated with how willing other characters are to sacrifice theirs.
- Personality - Cassie obstinately holds on to her innocence as a weapon against the darkness. She’s the rock that anchors the team, and it hurts her how little she can really help them.
- Quirks - Covered in tattoos, some of which have blood or bone-based pigment that require touch-up. Can use angel magic and knows many other rituals.
- Sex/Love - She’s in puppy love with Jake despite how long they’ve been together. They coupled up after the mass possession. She’s completely monogamous. Completely in love with Jake. She really does not approve of everybody fucking everyone else.
RELATIONSHIPS WITH OTHER CHARACTERS
- David - David is a horror she wants to protect her “family” from.
- Erek - She thinks he’s one of their best resources aside from the angels.
- Jake - Sweet and even gooey sometimes. It makes the others kind of nauseou, but Tobias thinks they’re adorable.
- Marco - Considers him a dear friend but incredibly disappointed in his decisions.
- Rachel - Best friend, but relationship is beginning to fray due to personality changes and differences in morality.
- Tobias - Probably the only person who doesn’t distrust her practices, Cassie’s studies lean heavily to angelic arts after she begins interviewing him at every opportunity.
- Tom - Feels responsible for the Tom disaster because she knocked him down and exorcised him. Sickened by Temrash.
- Zak - Pities Zak. Sickened by Uryphe.
Cassie’s mom and dad are vets. Their home is a wildlife rehabilitation clinic in Riverside, CA, largely operated by her dad but with help from her and her mom. Her parents gave her a head start in Latin, and some of the knowledge she picked up from them has helped her figure out monster biology.
Cassie’s parents don’t entirely approve of her life choices, but don’t fight her about it as long as she keeps up her studies. They are proud of her accomplishments so far. They think Cassie is “seeing America” and has fallen in love with a traveling lifestyle. This attitude changed after Jake was caught killing a demon on their property; after that George talked to them. Their pressure on Cassie ended up pushing her back to the team.
- Cassie was prepared for the fact that they’d be abandoning school soon after Jake turned 16 and continued her education by mail. She finished a semester early, and now is conducts her college studies by mail. She is double majoring in Latin and Ancient Histories.
- While the others have only anti-possession tattoos, Cassie has at least one arcane tattoo on every body part, slowly accumulated as she became confident in her use of them and need to have them on-hand. This is one of the factors that makes the others concerned Cassie’s studies may lean toward witchcraft.
- Cassie studied angels in secret long before meeting Tobias and had her suspicions about Rachel’s handprint. She never spoke up because she knew the Hunters would mock her. When Tobias shows, however, she is completely unsurprised.
- Cassie’s talismans and magic are based on The Key of Solomon and Enochian magic. It’s heavily hinted that neither of these are “quite right,” and Cassie has to do a lot of thorough research from multiple sources before committing to anything, and using any script “as is” is dangerous. Her non-angelic work is a mix of religions and practices, and she spends a lot of effort keeping herself on the “right side,” which she doesn’t feel the others realize or respect.
CASSIE’S TATTOOS, TALISMANS, SPELLS, ETC.
- Anti-possession tattoo (modern ink, no touch-up)
- Angel-buster tattooed on left breast (blood-based pigment, regular touch up)
- Tobias’s name in angelic script on a grain of rice bracelet, used as a link to him (sometimes worn by Rachel) [used grain of rice to make it difficult for others to see]
- Metatron’s cube on her back for purpose not yet shown
- The symbol on her throat is the symbol for arsenic. It’s not clear why it’s there.